Monday, January 5, 2009

A thought as I enter a new year.....


What moves me so deeply about this Little Prince, who is sleeping here, is his loyalty to a flower -- the image of a rose that shines through his whole being like the flame of a lamp, even when he is asleep" ~ said by the Narrator; "The Little Prince" - Antoine De Saint-Exupéry

I read the book "The Little Prince" on my flight to New York over the holidays. Given to me as a gift by a close friend; which I happened to open at her request 2 hours into my flight. Her favorite Book. A Touching Gift. It was written as a children's story in the 1940's. But it holds much more. A story of many things: the need for imagination, exalting the openmindedness that comes in children and about the need for personal exploration, which is to lead to enlightenment.

It also possesses a parable about the Prince and his rose; about the nature of real love. It goes on to say: "...investing oneself in another person makes that person, and everything associated with him or her, more special". Indeed, it does and simply easy to do.

...and in the quote at the top of this blog today... yes, truly when one feels what the Prince felt for his rose.. it gives a feeling as a flame of a lamp, that shines so brightly, that one can see and feel it in the bright sun, or even while sleeping.

...as this new year begins, It is also important to note, however, that one must be careful with their heart if all the feelings are only one-sided; especially if accentuated by only one's dreams and an old man's wishes. Could easily happen if one is not careful or mindful of keeping their feelings in check for such a perfect rose; Perhaps I have allowed my heart to once again go too far. ?? ?? ...it may be more prudent then, to step back, re-assess and just purely enjoy a friendship for what it is; A True Friendship, and understanding it will never blossom into more.

I can not be thankful enough for this important gift; this friend, this book and a True Friendship and I hope that it continues as that far far into this new year. Dekuju moc.

No comments: