Monday, February 16, 2009

9 months in Prague - Uhelný trh


Today marks my ninth month in this glorious city.... Starting into my tenth tomorrow. Just an unbelievable experience and an experience of a lifetime...as I have said before: this city, these places, the Czech people that have become my friends, to every picture my lens has captured, to everything my heart has felt.

and this picture; At the end of Rytířská ulice, sits Uhelný trh, with its fountain statue, a picture of summer and winter calmness. This triangular "square" sits at the end of one of Prague's most visible fruit and gift open air markets. In the summer, this square is filled with vendors selling paintings and other art work. In the winter, it is stark, cold and bare. Translated, Uhelný trh means "Coal market".

1 comment:

Aris Jansons said...

I found your blog by coincidence and was very glad to read your introduction. I also stayed in Prague for about three years and became a fan of this beautiful city. As I am living much more nearer to it than you (the distance is less than 2,000 km), I use to visit it now and then, about four times a year to meet my friends and walk around again and again.
Aris Jansons,
Riga, Latvia.