Friday, December 19, 2008

Giving without Expectations...


Merry Christmas M and to everyone.

and... the best part of Giving, is without Expectations of any kind. It feels wonderful. I enjoyed this Christmas season here in Prague, just for that reason. It was lovely. The best part was doing unexpected holiday things for a friend and seeing a smile in return. I tried to give a bit of my own Holiday traditions and yes, perhaps in an American style.. Perhaps I did more than I should have... ne. Not at all. I enjoyed every minute; from the plumply full red and green knit Christmas Stocking; to the huge red and white swirled candy canes; to the boxes in Christmas red wrappings and ivy green ribbon & bows; to the burnt orange Persimmon and brilliant red Pomegranate; and then peanut butter filled chocolates; and really all I wanted in return was a smile. and yes that was lovely.

I take a flight from Prague in a few hours for the Holidays at home. These 7 months and 3 days, have been wonderful here. I have met and made many friends; one I hold more dear than others. .. just a good friend, a good person. I don't know what the new year will hold... ... but, I have enjoyed the time here, and particularly This Fall getting to know this friend and her son. That has truly been one of the greatest gifts of this season for me.

So now off to New York, then Rochester, then Fairport and Home for the Holidays. A 16 hour journey ahead of me, upon take off at 11 this morning. Then Back to Prague on the 30th at 6am. and then onto New Year's Eve; Silvestr( as it is called in Czech). Not sure what I will be doing on that evening, but 2009 will certainly arrive. +218 !

No comments: