Monday, September 22, 2008

and so, Autumn Begins


For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together. For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad. ~Edwin Way Teale

Today, Fall begins. The Autumn equinox. On this day the centre of the Sun will spend a nearly equal amount of time above and below the horizon at every location on Earth and night and day will be of nearly the same length.

I love the Fall. It is my most favorite season. I love the crisp air, the sweaters one has to wear, I love the colors all around, and soaking in the sights in new town. Colors of Orange, Dark Red, Yellow, Indigo, and Brown. I will long for Mother's Apple pie and Apple Crisp with rum soaked raisins. I will miss Apple picking in the orchards of Victor. There is nothing like that here. Anywhere.

Here Apples abound in each corner potraviny, in piles within cartons along the sidewalks, staying crisp in the cool air, along with bunches of grapes equally high and bees flying everywhere.

I look forward to this Autumn. I look forward to good things this season and more... and wish them to you as well. + 130.

No comments: