Saturday, November 20, 2010

Karlštejn, again






I have wanted to return to Karlštejn just to take photos on a beautiful day.

So this afternoon, I took a Risk. This morning in Prague was overcast and gray, but I noticed a bit of blue sky around 1:00 to the south, then somewhat quickly went to Smichov nadrází and caught the 1:47 CityElefant south to Karlštejn in hopes there would be blue sky. Plus I really wanted to go someplace today.

The journey took about 30 minutes, and I kept looking off in the direction of Karlštejn only to see huge cloud banks in that direction, which would have been in the background or overhead.

But upon arriving in Karlštejn, I looked up into the hills where the castle would appear and as you can see: Amazingly beautiful clear Blue skies.... with only a hint of clouds. The sun was low in the sky.

Really wonderful. I walked about for a couple hours. Only a few people were around and it was a mildly crisp late Autumn day and really beautiful AND as you can see, I finally got some pictures that I had been wanting to capture all year.

No comments: