Wednesday, December 2, 2009

First 100 Days


well, today is my 100th day here since returning to Prague in August.... to take up living and teaching here once again. Hard to believe, but more challenges met and each day gives another taste of this city and what it has to offer.

I have been blessed with really good students and have once again made some really good friends at all levels in the corporations where I teach. As well, still see several of the friends I made while here "the first go 'round" and actually am teaching 4 of them privately.

I will admit I am a bit in awe, as I reflect, that each day I sit in front of a person, a student, a friend, talking with them about their life, their country, their culture in this city, in a country so far removed from the life I use to live. They share with me so much of themselves and about their life, as I try to be a good teacher, colleague and friend to them. It is truly special. At times I can not believe I have this opportunity and have met such wonderful people.

and now I know I can certainly say that I have lived in Prague for more than ONE year. Not counting all the US vacation time I used here, before May of 2008, I have actually lived in Prague for 400 days as of today. So...WOW, how amazing! I would have never ever thought of this 4 years ago on my 1st visit to Prague.

So onward with my love affair with this beautiful city ...and forward into the next 100 days, and more...

No comments: