Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Home....


Prague was lovely as I departed Friday morning. Snow had fallen during the night and the roads were slushy, but Prague looked nice under the cold snow as it reflected the lights of early morning. Got to the airport fine. A seemingly unusual event after boarding the aircraft...we had to go and get de-iced!! since it was still snowing during boarding, and runways were all being plowed as we taxied....

Got into New York on time on Friday afternoon and my flight to Rochester took off on time as well, with no waiting in line...taxied directly to the runway, turned and off we went, 45 minutes later I landed in Rochester. My kids were there to meet and greet me.

So, I missed the BIG snowstorm here in the East this year by ONE day. I was lucky. JFK was bright, sunny and clear as I landed. I understand that Europe is currently in the grips of real Winter as I sit here.

The ground is white here in Rochester as well. It will be a white Christmas and I think in Prague as well. I hope so.

Photo: My parents Christmas Tree in their Family room, with the smell of Gingerbread in the air...

No comments: