Thursday, November 13, 2008

Today: Fulfillment of a Dream - Part I

You create your opportunities by asking for them. Patty Hansen

In just 3 days I will have been here for a Full 6 Months. Amazing!

...as of today
, my US Passport contains my Official Czech Republic long term C & D Schengen visa, approved by the Czech government and registered this morning by the Czech Foreign Police. So it is now Official. My visa is now active and in effect. I am now a legal resident of The Czech Republic.

I arrived here to fulfill a dream I had, just a few days shy of 6 months ago, and as of today, I have fulfilled everything I set out to do eleven months ago, in January, when I first applied to the TOEFL School here in Prague and set my sights on teaching, living, breathing and legally residing and working here in the Czech Republic. Although not at all easy, I have done it !! in total. !!

My visa is registered and approved. With that my teaching position now becomes official; a full time position, with benefits. I am one of only 3 American full-time employees. I will now begin more administrative duties at the school where I work, as well as continue my teaching load. I have also earned my certificate to administer TOEIC exams here in Europe.

Included in this dream was securing the 12 month lease I signed back in August on my apartment here. I have been getting mail, packages and junk mail, so the post office knows I exist. And like most people here in CZ, I have had a Czech bank account; and with this official visa and work status, I will now receive a Czech credit card tied to this bank. I guess that signifies that I really AM here.

You will notice above, it says Part I. There is more I wish to accomplish here in Prague, more I wish to do here and more I wish to learn about myself and to get to know about others.

Finally, a big thank you for the support of family, my children, my friends, both here in Prague and back in New York. It has been this support that keeps one going. What an amazing journey so far. I can’t wait for “tomorrow” and what is ahead in so many facets of my life here. You should see My smile. This is amazing! It has taken + 182 days, to get this far. …and now… onto Part II and more of the adventure.

No comments: