Monday, September 7, 2009

Eleven Yellow Penquins on a Monday


The future is called "perhaps," which is the only possible thing to call the future. And the only important thing is not to allow that to scare you. ~Tennessee Williams, Orpheus Descending, 1957

Photo: Part of an art exhibit at Kampa Museum on Kampa Island ... at night they light up and can be seen from across the river; unusual and highly colorful.

Today begins my 2nd full week here in Prague. I am teaching daily, getting use to once again walking all day long. Alot of exercise! Am enjoying my flat and am still in awe of all I see around me as I take the Metro, trams and ambulate around this city. As I have said before, It is uncannily (? word) comfortable. Certainly a totally different way of living that I am getting use to again.

Interestingly I have seen No other American teachers where I work. Perhaps this week. ?? But I have found that strange. I will keep you posted.

I have secured some proof reading consulting work and have reconnected with many friends; one this weekend I had not seen in three years, since my 2nd trip here.
So that it was nice to catch up.

The Czech wine harvest season called Vinobrani starts this coming weekend, with Wine Festivals in many areas of the country. Along with Vinobrani comes that glorious "new" bubbling wine called Burčak; sweet newly fermented wine tasting like soda pop, but with a Kick. I will look forward to enjoying this delightful treat this coming weekend, as I venture forth to one of the many wine celebrations.

No comments: