Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First Day of Rain

I have been here 37 days and today is THE first day of rain I have had here...seems incredible... So today is gray, cold, cloudy, cold, wet... AND...

...on the way to one class this morning, the Metro had just pulled into Pražského Povstání station on the Red C Line and all the power in the Pandrác area of Prague went off. Emergency lights underground went on. The Metro stopped working just as the doors opened.. Phew... and up above, the trams were stopped cold where they were...the office buildings were dark with no lights and the traffic lights were black and of course the cars were backed up trying to go on their way(but not too badly).. I had a class to get to so I walked to Budějovická. Not too bad a walk (but it was raining!!) Here is a map showing the Red Line and the stations in question(down in the Podoli area)

http://maps.google.cz/?ie=UTF8&ll=50.080057,14.425392&spn=0.126241,0.228653&t=h&z=12&lci=transit&t=h&layer=c&utm_campaign=cs&utm_medium=ha&utm_source=cs-ha-emea-cz-sk-trs&utm_term=praha%20metro

But it was good exercise... and the class was a good one. The execs wanted me to tell them what I use to do so I Got to talk about my position back in Rochester, what I did and why I had to leave.

No comments: