Thursday, September 17, 2009

Road to Prague Castle


Although every man believes that his decisions and resolutions involve the most multifarious factors, in reality they are mere oscillation between flight and longing. ~Herman Broch

So things are going well. I do not yet have a full teaching load and can only hope to soon. I am enjoying using my brain once again and teaching. I believe my students are enjoying my classes and I am back to getting the Czech Business Weekly every Monday when it comes out and using it frequently. It feels good.

I found this small pub here in Kobylisy, about 6 blocks from my flat and was there last evening enjoying an apertif of the Czech Spirit Becherovka... when I started to think how fortunate I am for being able to be here once again. I am once again assimilating into life here and it feels good and I am more and more comfortable.

I do miss certain things that were in my life here last year in the Fall, at Mikulas and at the beginning of 2009. I seem to always give my all to the things in life I love. I guess that is me and most likely I will continue to do so. I believe if you give something your everything, your all, what ever happens... is meant to be, even if not what you wanted. So over that Beckerovka and with a clear evening sky with stars just coming out, I noted, that I am lucky to be here and to have friends, both still in my Life and friends I have been honored to share time with, who have left, but left part of themselves within me.

So this road to Prague Castle is a road to many more opportunities here, both in feelings, senses, and seeing things visually and with my heart as well.

So this morning, I will find a cafe, enjoy an espresso and teach a private student and then...figure out where I will explore this coming weekend. Perhaps Another Vinobrani...

No comments: