Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Timshel


Timshel - The Hebrew word for “may”, like in “may grow”, “may triumph over” or in the eyes of many Theologians, “you shall, or you will” or perhaps the concept: “Don’t be dead”,,, meaning in the way of “Don’t be a passive victim – be active – be alive”.

The Hebrew word Timshel. In Modern English, Timshel means “ it may be” or ‘Maybe”.. A word of Hope pointing, as one writer said, at open doors and wide horizons for the future.

Robert Fulghum wrote: “If I was absolutely certain about all things, I would spend my life in anxious misery, fearful of losing my way. But since everything and anything are always possible, the miraculous is always nearby and wonders shall never ever cease.

So I come to this one word, which serves as a stone propping up the door of my life:
Timshel – Maybe. …and the hope that makes up that concept.

And my time begins here once again, I will hold onto: Maybe.
Yes, perhaps, a new beginning and a different end. It May Be.

..so hears to being unencumbered by past hopes and wishes
and to...the open doors and wide horizons ahead. Timshel.

No comments: