Saturday, September 5, 2009

Kobylisy, Prague 8


I moved to Kobylisy this past Monday into a flatshare; the yellow house pictured above. Kobylisy is in Prague 8, the furthest northern part of the city of Prague. I have one large room and share the first floor of a house with two other guys; one from Uzbekistan (which used to be in Russia) and one from China. Both know English fairly well. The house has 3 floors, and the family that owns the house lives on the 2nd and 3rd floor.

My Address: Báštská 17, Kobylisy, Prague 8, 182 00, CZ

The flat has a nice kitchen, bathroom with handheld shower and a separate WC. Plus the house has a really nice backyard, with sitting swing, covered picnic table, fruit trees(pear and apple), a clothes rack, vine/ivy covered walls on 3 sides and a myriad of garden decorations. It is really quite nice and nicely maintained.

Kobylisy is not new to me. I lived here last July and August in a Sublet up on Neratovicka, up the same road I walk to get to this flat, but this flat is much much closer than where I lived last July. There is not much to do up here in Kobylisy, but I guess it's real purpose is to provide some respite after a busy day.

This house/flatshare/room is not a far walk at all to the Kobylisy Metro station and it only takes about 15 minutes by Metro ( C line) to get into Center Prague.

I will put together a Picasa web album soon to show you what it all looks like.

No comments: