Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy Birthday to ...Me!


Because time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on your birthday each year: The same energy that God invested in you at birth is present once again. ~Menachem Mendel Schneerson

So I turn another year older today and In Prague again!! Again! Didn't ever expect to be here again this October 21st, but nice all the same, just as last year. In spirit I know I am not alone on this day.

I had other words already written here for today, but then I found this quote and it was a most uplifting "gift" to read the words and to remember nice things.

"Yes we are [friends] and I do like to pass the day with you in serious and inconsequential chatter. I wouldn't mind washing up beside you, dusting beside you, reading the back half of the paper while you read the front. We are friends and I would miss you, do miss you and think of you very often. I don't want to lose this happy space where I have found someone who is smart and easy and doesn't bother to check her diary when we arrange to meet." ~Jeanette Winterson, Written on the Body, 1992

...so to all my friends on this day, where ever you are, here or there: I offer my salute to you and i will toast you on this my Birth remembrance Day over a glass of something suitable to toast you with...

Photo: The Dancing House. Dancing? ...I would settle just to talk, over coffee, and to know that book roads & bridges are still being built and Kamions are still pointed out with much exclamation.

No comments: