Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A nice dinner...


A delightful day here in Prague... 74F(24C)..sunny for the most part and since my last class ended at 5:00, I thought I would treat myself to a nice(r) dinner in Centrum. Found this nice place on Michalská which I had passed many times... it is technically in the tourist section... but it had a couple tables outside and was a nice evening. I had a glass of red wine(Frankovka) outside since it was so nice.. but moved inside to an equally nice table near a window looking out onto the cobblestones and passers-by. Delightful. Topped dinner off with palačinky, Czech pancakes, similar to crepes, and these were filled with a very light strawberry jam, almost more of a sauce, then topped with a bright & flavorful orange sauce and a few drizzles of chocolate sauce for contrast...along with some whipped cream and artistically carved thick slice of orange. Really good! Cheers.

No comments: