Thursday, November 19, 2009

2009 Beaujolais Nouveau has arrived !



Beaujolais Nouveau 2009; čtvtek 19. listopadu 2009

Ve čtvrtek 19. listopadu se v klubu třetí poločas konná pravidelná ochutnávka Beaujolais Nouveau 2009. Přejďte jste závání

So today, Thursday, November 19th, the New Beaujolais arrived in Prague and as well, at the cafe I frequent in Lucerna Passage. A much anticipated event and a big deal here in Prague. So I just had to stop in after teaching my last class this evening in order to try a glass or two. You see advertisements in many places related to todays release and most restaurants and wine bars highlight the occasion with signs and notices in their windows that it has, in fact, arrived.

November 19th is THE day each year when this happens. By French Law, Beaujolais Nouveau is always released on the third Thursday of November all over the world," To add to the excitement, "The 2009 harvest in Beaujolais is being called the best vintage in 50 years thanks to perfect weather and growing conditions."

Beaujolais Nouveau is made from Gamay grapes. The picture above is the actual vineyard I tasted and it was really quite good(I will replace this picture with one of my own hopefully tomorrow). This wine tasted really fine. It was Enjoyable, light, and easily drinkable. So I did. Drinkable two of them.

No comments: