Tuesday, November 17, 2009

President Vaclav Klaus - right next to ME




Today is a momentous day for the Czech Republic, as you can imagine. And something quite unexpected happened to me as well. I was down in Centrum walking along Národní třída and heard some loudspeakers, turned to see The President of the Czech Republic right next to me, about 5 feet away. I walked in with a group of press photographers and other citizens taking pictures for quite a distance taking shot after shot... only these two photos turned out unfortunately. Along with the President I recognized the Mayor of Prague, Pavel Bém (top photo). So how cool is that!! I was 5 feet from President Klaus for about ten minutes(and 100 yards) as he walked through Prague on this, the day of their 20 year anniversary of Their Freedom from Communist Oppression... never could have happened in the US. This was quite amazing. He was just walking through Prague !!!

No comments: