Sunday, November 15, 2009

Mid November update

Mid November update for those who might be interested. If not, skip ahead…

I am finally at full teaching hours; 26 hrs per week. The balance of hrs to make up 40 are paid related to putting together lessons, getting to classes, etc. And finally now at full pay as well, such as it is. But it is Very welcome. Got two additional classes(3 hours) last week which finally clinched it.

Also was notified this week that I have 10 days of paid vacation accumulated. Cool. However, I must use 7 of them for Christmas as the school is closed for 7 days(and of course I will return home for the holidays) and I must use the 3 remaining days between now and the 18th of December before I leave. So perhaps a long Thanksgiving weekend somewhere in the Czech Republic will be in order.

Stores, shops and malls are now decorated for the holidays. Things seemed to pop out this past week; lights, garland, ribbons, ornaments and Christmas trees. Christmas markets in the many squares will be going up within two weeks.

The French Film Festival starts next week, the 19th. Don’t understand a word of them; and the subtitles are in Czech; but will catch a couple all the same, just to say I was there. The films look interesting and ...French.

And that St. Martinské vino…. Very very dry, crisp and a nice bouquet; smells like wine.

No comments: