Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving dinner

Update for those interested.

I had a really nice dinner at the Prague Marriott Hotel, one of the top of the line hotels in Prague. It is located in Náměstí Republiky, Prague 1. SO I thought I would let you know a bit about it. First, the place was packed...with Americans.

So the first course: Spiced Pumpkin Bisque and a Ceasar Saled, plus the pre-requisite rolls and butter(but in a packet, not pads). Then the main course of Roast Turkey which was fork tender, giblet gravy with a billion very tiny cubes of liver, a very moist(very!, in fact Too much so) stuffing with mushrooms, Candied sweet potatoes, roasted pumpkin slices with Anise butter, and herb crusted corn on the cob, and Chardonnay wine.

Desserts were unreal like most all pastries here in Prague. I had a slice of Pumpkin pie, a slice of Pecan pie and a slice of apple pie, which was really more like a apple strudel shaped in a "V". They all tasted very "American".

An after dinner cordial was in order to top off this American Thanksgiving meal, so I had the Very Strongly Czech Aperitif, Becherovka, served in a small glass which was kept in the freezer, as is usually the case.

So very nice. I made of point of speaking only Czech this evening.. yes, I had to show off in front of all the Americans ( but no, they couldn't really hear me), but I shocked the waitress AND the hostess. That was fun.

...so the final bill: 1255 czk or $72.75! For one person! The shock has not yet set in. Tomorrow it will. But it was a nice Thanksgiving dinner and I enjoyed the 2 and a half hours I was there. Happy Thanksgiving to all you as you begin your dinners as I write this....

No comments: