Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fairport, New York




Lived here in Fairport, or rather had a home here, from 1995 through last August. Fairport is a Eastern suburb of Rochester, NY; a small town on the Erie Canal; the Canal runs directly through the middle of it and then around the western border of the village.

Here are a couple shots of where I was yesterday morning after I surprised my son with a birthday breakfast at his home in the city(unfortunately waking him up in the process; but he had to go to work anyway). ...But Birthdays only come once a year and are a time of celebration.

These shots are looking out from the Lift Bridge Cafe, where I have been known to go for coffee when I am "home". It is directly next to the Eire Canal with its windowns looking out over the Town's Lift Bridge over the canal. It raises vertically, straight up so boats can pass under it and continue on their journey "up" the canal. Summer is a busy time for boating on the Canal.

No comments: