Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lilacs are in bloom



I never noticed how many Lilacs Prague has... Alot! I never noticed them before, since I have never been here in the Springtime and seen them in bloom.

The top photo was taken in Kampa, and the 2nd photo was taken in náměstí Miru, and that square was literally filled with Lilac trees. Mostly different shades of Purple, Lavender or Lilac, with some whites scattered next to the Cathedral as well.

The air smelled so wonderful as I changed trams at namesti Miru the other day. Reminded me of home and of Highland Park.

It turns out that most areas and parks within the city have many many Lilac trees/bushes. I noted alot of them in Kampa(above) in all shades of purple and lavender, some in Klamovká, doted throughout Petřín, along the main road in Vršovice, around the edges of Jiřího z poděbrád náměstí and in Flora near the cemetery as well.

(Yes, I know, they look just like in Highland Park... ;-).but these are CZech)

No comments: