Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Rozhledna Cibulka - Cibulka tower and ruins






I went for a walk in Cibulka Park in the Košíře district of Prague. It is a large park on the slopes of the Košíře valley.

It apparently used to be a tidy park built to resemble an English Park and was built by The Bishop of Passau, Leopold Thun-Hohenstein, but now is actually quite overgrown and resembles a true forest preserve, all within Prague city limits, but on the outskirts. It was really like walking in a ancient forest.

I happened upon these ruins, which was cool. The tower is 13 metres high, but you can only see forest and tree tops from the top of it. I am sure at one time you could see all of the park and perhaps for miles around. I will come back in the Fall when the leaves have fallen to see what there is to see.

I could not find much about this tower and ruins, but here are some shots from this afternoon.

No comments: