Saturday, April 24, 2010

Audience u Císaře Karla I Festival






Audience u Císaře Karla I" (Audience with Emperor Karl I) is a celebration of the Monarchy that once existed in the Czech Republic and it is celebrated in April each year on the grounds of the Castle in Brandy's nad labem, adjacent to its park like gardens and pathways. It is a military celebration of sorts and many veterans come dressed in their uniforms and also people dress up as well, in older military uniforms from different periods in Czech Military history. It also includes a very strong contingent of Medieval rank and file.

I enjoyed the Medieval parade and "salute" the best. The town turned out in droves and many from Prague were there as well, as evidenced by the full bus I was on , which emptied at Brandy's... ...the towns people take the medieval part VERY seriously...and it is fun as well.

Good food and drink. The weather was perfect, sunny and warm. A good time.

No comments: