Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Nice Afternoon




It was a nice afternoon and I decided to walk over to the large park not far from where I live: Klamovka Zahrada(garden). As in many parks there is a restaurant there which has a nice place to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine and nice breezes. Its name: Zahradni Resturace Klamovka.

I am always amazed at the ambiance of these places. They are neighborhood places where people get-together, not unlike bars in the US, except that not everyone goes to "pubs" in the US and EVERYONE goes to pubs here. So it is friends meeting friends. They bring along their children and dogs and people pay no mind.(But of course, it IS in a park...)

I may have never mentioned it: Dogs are welcome in most every bar and restaurant here in Prague, especially at these neighborhood type places. And every one I have ever seen is extremely well behaved and trained.

I spent a couple hours there enjoying a couple beers and reading on this nice, mild and sunny Sunday afternoon.

No comments: