Friday, April 30, 2010

My First Čarodějnice na Ladronce






This late afternoon, as I mentioned this morning, I took bus 191 from Klamovka, several blocks from my flat, up to Ladronka Park for the "Witch Burning" festival celebrating the end of winter.

It was entirely a family event with little kids everywhere and most little girls dressed as witches...some mothers too, but not many. It was nice and it was fun to see the Miss Witch contest, with all these little people jumping over a "fake" fire, as the cultural tradition dictates. Then each age class had a Witch winner. Cute.

Of course, as with any Czech festival, lots of Klobasa(Kielbasa) and other Czech delights and plenty of cold beer. Ladronka is one of the bigger parks in Prague, and today the park was really full of families enjoying themselves. I am glad I had the opportunity to experience this event this year. Like Halloween In April except not spooky.

No comments: