Thursday, May 1, 2008

15 Days to Go....

A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” by Lao Tzu - Chinese Philosopher


In 15 days I will be arriving in Prague to nurture an idea from a seed that was planted in my mind in 2005, my first trip to Prague. In 15 days I will not be a tourist, nor a traveler like I have been on my past four trips to the Czech Republic. I will become a resident; of Prague.

My goal is Simple on paper. To study at a language school to become certified to teach English in the Czech Republic, to secure a job, then a work permit and then to immediately begin the process to obtain a Visa to stay for one year. My dream and my goal. In reality, not simple nor easy, but one I am hoping, of personal growth, one of meeting new people, making new friends, visiting friends from previous years, learning about a new culture full of traditions I know very little about and continuing to explore the villages, towns, cities, castles, parks, landscapes and byways of this amazing country. I am psyched. I am excited. And the count down to take-off begins today, the first day of May; May Day in the Czech Republic.

3 comments:

yoACtravels said...

Looks good, Dad. Maybe I'll see you out there.

Anonymous said...

So you're going to become a European. You'll have to endure the Eurovision Song Contest.
Seriously, wish you well...

varonka said...

This was a great idea (blog)! I am certainly looking forward to reading. A taky budu psát česky - a Američané nebudou rozumět, jenom ty! How cool is that