Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I Feel Like Dancing...

This is Prague's "Dancing House ". It was designed by Croatian-born Czech architect Vlado Milunic in co-operation with Canadian architect Frank Gehryon. It was built a vacant riverfront plot. The construction started in 1994 and was finished in 1996. The very non-traditional design was controversial at the time it was built. Czech president Václac Havel, who lived for decades next to the site, had supported it, hoping that the building would become a center of cultural activity. It is currently an office building with a resturant on top.

Day two of Class. +11 ;-)))

2 comments:

Sandyesm said...

Hi Scott,

We just received your post card today. I haven't even had a chance to read your blog yet as I wanted to get this note out to you first. Sorry that lunch did not work before you left. It has been so crazy here. Busy time of year in the office, I'm sure you can remember it well and I'll bet you don't miss a minute of it!! :) How was your daughter's graduation? Is Adam tending to the house or are you renting it? God how I wish I could have lunch with you in Prague. But that can only happen in my dreams. Best to You. I will blog again soon and will catch up on your blog posts on my lunch hour.

m said...

Did you know that I am working in this house? Yes there are my offices.
m.