Friday, May 23, 2008

There are angels everywhere......


Ahoj v Praze. Dnes je patek (Friday ). Yes, angels everywhere. This city is amazing. I have been here for one week as of today. ...and I have not done one touristy thing yet. That is amazing. Haven't even been to the main sight: Charles Bridge/Karluv Most. But each day has been full. I walk everywhere to get a real sense of my surroundings. I have tried to scope out Vinohrady in total to get a feel for the area. I found an amazing park yesterday which I will cover in an upcoming blog report. I continue to look for a long term apartment through the ads on http://expats.cz and to scope out where the internet cafe's are located.
I finally found a laundramat and did my fist batch of laundry this morning. One load + one dryer + one cup of detergent = 155 kr or $10 USD. > For that I was able to wash 5 shirts, 5 pairs of socks + personals and ONE pair of jeans. Yes, the washers ARE much smaller here. But a good deal, eh? At least there was a dryer. A personal rarity over here. Most people only have wooden drying racks. Tomorrow I move into the apartment provided for the course and will pick up the key to the apartment later this morning at the School. and Monday the course begins. For now, Cheers +7 - one week



.

No comments: