Saturday, May 3, 2008

Without leaps of imagination,.....

Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning. - Gloria Steinem

my plans….

I am off to Prague to attend a language school with the goal to become certified to teach English in the Czech Republic. The School provides a 5 week, 10+ hour per day course to prepare for this outcome. Weekends are free ( after homework is completed)

My first 10 days in Prague will see me at a small Hotel (15 rooms) in Vinohrady, Prague 2, an area I have stayed in before. Vinohrady is not unlike that Park Ave area of Rochester to some extent, but with larger buildings and no houses. It has some great parks, both huge and intimate and a huge beer garden. Aren’t they the best type of gardens?

The weekend before the course begins I will move to an apartment provided by the School and share this apartment with several other students, unknown to me at present. The apartment is located on Zborovska Trida(Ave), Prague 5, about a 2 mile walk along the Vltava River, to the School on Konviktska.


View Larger Map

The days before the course start, I will continue to study, use the time to look for a long term apartment (from 1 July forward) and get to know the various areas of the city I have yet to explore. Plus it will be a time to continue to further explore the magic of the country.

So much awaits to be explored: Perhaps south to Přibram, the birthplace of a friend, or over to Hrad(castle) Křivoklát for a 2nd visit or to Hrad Konopište to a spend time in a castle I have not yet seen. Or perhaps to see a Chateau further south in Březnice, or to visit a new shop that just opened and/or to spend time walking in the park. There will be much to do and to experience.
13 Days to go.




No comments: