Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Albert


and not Einstein. Albert is the name of the Grocery store I visit almost every two days for my food and other needs. It is a large chain of stores, about 244 throughout the Czech Republic. Here is the link. http://www.ialbert.cz/jnp/cz/albert/home/index.html It is my Weggies. But be assured, it is not Weggies. I wish I could show all my friends our Wegmans. But the stores are functional, but certainly not over stocked. They are nice. It is interesting how the sandwich meat and sliced cheese is packaged: the package holds enough for about 3 or 4 sandwiches. Then one must return for more. Loaves of bread; are a half a loaf compared to home. Most breads have no preservatives...and after 2 days, I have had to throw out the bread, due to new life forms. Of course, shopping here is done more frequently then in the states. At home we shop once a week, here it is maybe two, three or more times a week. I know that I have needed to go often. And, you bag things yourself, and you must supply your own bag. If not, it costs 5 czk or $0.31 cents. Usually you never see people carry more than two bags... ...because they are walking from the store to their flats, with only two arms. +18 to ja bajo

1 comment:

varonka said...

Scott, most of the Prague or large city families are shopping once a week nowadays, just like in the States (by car). You can't see it or know it because larger stores are in the suburbs. But people still shop for bread and veggies more often, that's true. Fresh is better, as US is discovering now also.