Sunday, June 29, 2008

Going forward....





Visited Blatná yesterday, south of Prague, a beautiful zamek built in the 1500's, beautiful grounds, a nice day, in good company, ano to je pravda.

Went chasing a butterfly in the wind; butterflies are hard to catch; this one was beautiful; Elusive and timing is everything as it is everything in life. As I chased after this one on these beautiful grounds, I suddenly realized my age, and that I was perhaps making a fool of myself. It is something I rarely think about; as I don't feel my age, it gave me pause. In a beautiful town and I enjoyed the drive, the moments in time, and ALL that was around me.

I happened upon a yellow rose, lovely, perfection on many levels as this butterfly. As we walked, it slipped away, fell away and was lost, perhaps a metaphor for the day. ( sadly It turned out it was ) As the bus departed, it began to rain and it rained; rained all the way back to Prague....



Today, Sunday, I have spent the morning at this one cafe in Prague, drinking latte after latte working on a lesson plan in hopes of capturing a position in Prague. Though I can balance a $24 million dollar budget, it is nothing compared to what I am trying to do this morning. One of the most difficult things I have ever tried to do. This part of the dream continues strongly and we will see what happens by weeks end. I am confident.


I move into a new place tomorrow. I will be at Neratovická 25 in Kobylisy, Prague 8, from tomorrow until 31 August. It will be different being removed from the center of Prague, but it will allow for more normal living, as I settle into a routine in a space that is more home like.


The week ahead; exploring visa issues, seeking employment, continuing to look for that final apartment and moving forward. + 44 ( revised 16:00 prague time, 29th )




No comments: