Friday, June 6, 2008

Been In Prague for 3 weeks....


Yes, as of this morning, I have been in Prague for 21 days. This is also mid way in my course. I have taught four classes to date to beginning learners. Next week, my teaching partners and I will switch to the upper intermediate class and then will teach that class 4 times as well. Today is also midterm evaluations. We have a final in 2 weeks and next week we meet and greet prospective employers; our C.V.'s will be given to them at the times of our interviews. Out of the 14 classmates in this program, 7 wish to stay in Prague to teach. Of course, I am one of those 7. Each of us are working to secure apartments and I believe to date, about half of my colleagues have. I am still looking for one but have several leads. Not sure which area of Prague I will end up in at this point, but know where ever it will be, it is suppose to be there. Last night was the weekly Pub night. I will write more about that and those later. Last night at midnight as I walked Home through the cobblestone streets of Prague, and crossed the river on this bridge, Hradčany and it's cathedral were lite up with spot lights of different hues and the lights of Prague reflected off a very quiet, ripple free Vltava. I couldn't believe it. It was moving. Tak ahoj a mej se hezky. +21

No comments: