Friday, August 1, 2008

1st of August - Vinohrady it is !


…so, those two apartments I looked at on Wednesday….

One was in old town, in a section I had not even been to yet… that area of Prague was nice; OLD, old Prague, stunning, treed stoned squares with benches, several small old cathedrals in the vicinity, and some nice restaurants and wine bars, upper end shops and the street the apartment was on, was out of the dark ages…really cool…winding, cobble stone, old lamp posts,, … and the apartment was nice, and imagine opening the “living” room windows to a amazing view of Prague castle.. yes, I couldn’t believe it… jaw dropping…Prague Castle. full side view, with spires and all. People kill for that. The night view would be absolutely amazing.

Then the other one. Is mine. In Vinohrady, bordering Žižkov on Slavíková ulice. The above pix are the street it is on; the second shot shows the building on the left almost to the far corner. It is a 2+1. Two rooms + Kitchen. It was a no brainer… the area I have wished to live in and now will …and the café I spoke about in my blog the other day is two blocks away and the same with the park, riegrovy sady, with Korunni ulice close by as well. It is a brand new refurbish, with all new furniture, internet capable, living room w/ TV and large sofa, dining room table, 4 chairs and two book shelf units, large bedroom with Queen sized bed, two end table with lamps. The kitchen is small though, but great bathroom with a fancy sink, tub, shower, toilet and bidet and real ceramic tile floors in the kitchen and bathroom and hardwood and new carpets. So…I put the down payment on it and will move in on the 15th.

I had to remember, that living in Old town, THE tourist area, is extremely expensive. I walked around and even the neighborhood grocery stores are more expensive and if I wanted only a glass of wine some night there in the neighborhood….120 kr, compared to 50 kr in the area I will live in. So even though the Old Town ambience would have been unreal…almost surreal, it would have been prohibitively expensive over the 12 month lease, just to live there and frequent the nice places all around or to buy food…

as I said, Vinohrady has been on my list as THE place I wanted to live and now, ….I will be living there. Un-freakin’ believable. +77

No comments: