Friday, August 29, 2008

Long Term Visa


Yesterday found Berlin almost entirely overcast and rainy, until the late afternoon. Arrived about 45 minutes early at 4:15am !! and then immediately had to assess; 1) where I was, 2) how to get a day pass for their Metro, 3) where to find a Bankomat for some Euros and 4) locate Wilhelmstrasse and the location of the Czech Embassy, #44. By 5:30am I was standing in front of the embassy. Then to find some coffee, wait until the sun came up and 10:00am, my appointment time.

It went smoothly. My long term C & D visa is now being processed. The person I talked to made a point of telling me my visa would not be ready for 90 days. I believe it will arrive in 30. ;-)) In the final analysis, this is what I needed:

1) Passport
2) Red application form; completed & signed with photo pasted on the front
3) two photos - Czech passport size, NOT US passport size
4) Doklad form- accommodation form - signature of landlord, must be notarized
5) Proof of landlord ownership of flat - from Prague Property Office
6) Zadost form - Czech Criminal Record background check
7) Affidavit of no criminal record here or abroad - signed and notarized
8) Work Permit
9) Proof of health insurance coverage - Ltr from Employer
10) Fee of 117 EUR - for multiple entry visa

I Did NOT need:

1) Birth Certificate, have it appostiled nor have it translated into Czech
2) US criminal background check document nor have it appostiled
3) US proof of health insurance
4) US Proof of financial resources
5) US Proof of active Credit Card, or
6) Notarized copy or any copy of the first page of US passport
nor any other documents.

Off to teach this morning and afternoon and will move officially out of this flat-share here in Kobylisy this afternoon and will officially move into and start to reside in my flat on Slavikova TODAY. Wow. Off and running....

No comments: