Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Off to Berlin......

The first step binds one to the second. ~French Proverb

Success will never be a big step in the future, success is a small step taken just now.
~Jonatan Mårtensson

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. ~Les Brown

....and now onto the 3rd to the last step in the first part of my quest/dream; applying for my long term Czech visa. I have all the documents needed as per the school. And I am bringing items not necessarily needed as well; my work contract, my apartment lease, my criminal background checks from the US, etc. So this step will yield a stamp in my passport stating I have applied for this visa to live/stay in the Czech Republic for one year; renewable annually.

The 2nd to the last step, will be to actually return to Berlin in 30, 60 or 90 days to pick up the actual visa. I am hoping in 30 days, of course. The final step in this long dream, once I have the actual visa in hand, is to go to the Czech Foreign Police to get it stamped to make it official. This must be done within 3 days of my receipt of said visa. I am told this is a terrible process, but more about that in a later blog... when I actually go through it in one of the months to come. So.. as I said this morning, off to Berlin on an all night bus. Woo who.... Cheers

No comments: