Friday, August 15, 2008

First PayCzech

First paycheque today. The First Česká Koruna (CZK) into the bank account. How great is that! ! A year ago, I could never have imagined this. There are still many days when I still can’t believe I am here, working and enjoying this city.

Yesterday I signed the lease for my apartment in Vinohrady, a few blocks from Jiřího z poděbrad. The Realtor made it all happen. She was really helpful and made the whole experience a very positive one. So now I am officially an apartment “owner” for the next 12 months, effective immediately through to 31 Aug 09. I will start moving in today and over the weekend. Vyborne !

And upon reading the lease the other day, I actually found out that the apartment is really on the 4th floor not the 6th!, so that is a bonus. The next step is too somehow get DSL internet installed asap, buy some Egyptian cotton sheets( I must ), a huge pillow, and the “fill” the ‘frig with food, some wine and Czech beer.

My new address for the next year is: Slavíkova 1611/5 čislo. 17; 120 00 Vinohrady – Praha 2; Czech Republic!

And now onto buying some essentials to make this place a home. I will ask a friend if she might like to help me spend some Koruna ( don’t most women like to spend money? – ;-) as I try to find the best places to purchase items necessary for living, as I personalize and make this apartment comfortable, as well as, a nice respite to come home to after long days ( and they have been very long days!)

So, wow ! Prague. Vinohrady. Teaching. Cafes. Vinotekas. The Arts, galore. Astounding Architecture. Well, I could on..... and on..... as you know. ;-) + 91

No comments: