Thursday, August 14, 2008

... and in other news

I met with a principle from the school yesterday to discuss some additional teaching duties. I was told they had received a call from one of the businesses where I teach (gulp) 2 back to back lessons, and was told that they provided my school with high praises for my time with their staff, and said they were going to add another individual to my classes there. Certainly unexpected but really nice to hear.

The upshot of our discussion was that I have been asked to teach an advanced Business English(BE) Certificate class; several business men from a corporation need to learn the English of Business and then take a certificate exam. A big deal for them and for me. I was asked to teach this class due to my background. It took two seconds to say Yes! This is huge. I am so psyched!

Plus, along with this, I have been given two other morning classes, one in I. P. Pavlova and the other in Karlovo náměstí with firms located there. My lesson "plate" is filling up.

And finally, as this week wanes, I was asked, with scant notice, to substitute teach three classes this week, two of which are the 3 hour intensive courses and one is a “normal” lesson plus in addition, this week saw me teach my first class at the Czech Ministry of Agriculture.

So a busy week yet again and a lot of work!, but I am enjoying this new avocation. Cheers +90

No comments: