Wednesday, August 27, 2008

To Berlin

Every beginning has a consequence - every beginning ends something. - Paul Valery

Another full day ahead today, with a brand new class this afternoon and another interview appointment this mid-afternoon at a company that wishes me to teach another certificate Business English course.

This evening I head to Berlin on the 11:55pm “flight” on a StudentAgency autobus. I will get into Berlin at 5:00am for my 10:00am appointment tomorrow morning with the Czech Embassy there. Of course, I have to find where the locations are of not only the Embassy, but also where the bus station is as well and then find the Embassy. I will work on that this morning.

These trips happen all the time, with the School’s new teachers/employees, it would seem that the School would have something put together to give those of us who are going to the various embassy’s in Europe that might help us out; a packet of sorts, such as a map, directions, etc.. But ne, Nothing! Somewhat amazes me, actually. Why is it that I would do that for people if I was the boss.? Oh well, I certainly can google for the information, print it out and will do so this morning.

Daughter left yesterday morning. We had a nice time together and actually were exhausted Monday night. But we finished off her last evening in Prague having a real nice dinner at a real nice Restaurace, which was lovely, and for dessert she finally got to experience the thick, rich, dark hot chocolate of Central Europe as well.

We really did alot, perhaps too much, but hey, this trip might have been her first and last visit to Prague, who knows, so I had to cram a lot into these past 6 days. It was great. I hope both my kids can come over next time. Time will tell.

So, off to Berlin and the start of my visa process. Cheers.

No comments: