Sunday, August 24, 2008

First 100 days

There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer. ~Ansel Adams

Monumental it seems. My 100th day here in Prague has arrived. Living and breathing here has been no less than amazing. Returning to Kobylisy last night I thought of the highlights of my first 100 days:

Friends – these days have yielded many many new friends here, from the wonderfully great bunch of friends from Oxford, and their friends; to perhaps that person I talked with last night with experiences in Dubai and beyond; to a friend whose words came to me far more often than now; to that really nice smile who helped me find and secure Slavíkova 5; I have been blessed with coming to know many new friends so far. I look forward to having that list grow further.

Views – I have walked a thousand miles it seems to date taking in the magic around me.
Whether it be as I find that new location here in Prague where I have to teach, or watching Prague pass by from a great little café I have found, or in the 1242 pictures I have taken while here so far. All the views have been magic.

Evolution – Me. So far time here has been a time of personal growth and discovery. It has been no small task, nor has it been easy to accomplish all to date, but the rewards in this new avocation, in working towards it, in meeting new and wonderful people and friends, and in moving forward each day have been astounding. I can hardly wait to experience each new day.

And to be fortunate enough to have my daughter visit during this time is astounding. I could never have imagined that, nor really, so much I have experienced to date. So many highlights; from Bžeznice to Konviktska, from Zborovská to Jiřího z poděbrad.

So in these first 100 days, I am the same but very different. + 100

No comments: