Wednesday, July 9, 2008

12 more months.....


Well, I will be here in Prague for another 12 months. Pinch me, am I dreaming? This is the culmination of the initial goals I set in January 08. The dream will now be reality as I now begin to work, earn an income, pay taxes, and make "ends meet" here in Praha, while experiencing all the seasons here.

The second objective was to ensure I gain a greater ability to speak and understand Czech, and in doing so, understand to a greater extent the difficulties the Czechs have in learning English. I will now set aside time to work towards this.

Today I will begin to look in earnest for a long term apartment and secure a 12 month rental agreement, related to the law in securing my long term visa. I will have to focus my search in an area I can afford, based on my knowledge of my new income, and at the same time, find an apartment that I will enjoy living in for a year. No small task, perhaps. I have enjoyed all three areas that I have lived in to date here in Praha; Lower Vinohrady, Prague 2; Smichov, Prague 5; and now here in Kobylisy, Prague 8. I wonder where I will be.

so stay tuned for 12 more months of this blog as well.... + 54

No comments: