Sunday, July 20, 2008

Yesterday evening, I had some friends up to Neratovická for a picnic American Style… hamburgers, kaiser rolls (in place of the buns), my home-made potato salad (w/ Hellmann’s mayo; although a bit more tart here) , Heinz ketchup(also a bit different tasting, way too sweet), fresh tomatoes, potato chips, and Czech Beer. My Friends brought munchies, bread & cheese and more beer. a good time. alot of laughs. a nice summer evening.

The six of us took the course together @ Oxford and are the only ones who stayed in Prague at courses end. After eating, we all then went to an expats pub back in Karlovo náměstí, near centrum. ...then I took the last metro back to Kobylisy. cool.

Potato salad is something here that is only eaten on Christmas, on 24 December, along with fresh carp. My flatmate who is from Bulgaria, was in Vienna yesterday, wanted me to save some for her; she said mine sounded "interesting". wonder how she will like it?

I had “mowed” the backyard yesterday morning,…..with a weed whacker… most of it, since the extension cord did not reach all the way to the back of the yard…. leaving a semi-circle swath at the end. It actually looked nice out there. There are several large apple trees in back with their branches amazingly full ready for the Fall…

Last week, was amazingly busy. One business I went to took me 1.25 hours to get there from Kobylisy(walk, Metro, trams 10 & 17, walk ). Today: Laundry, Lessons to prepare. Monday, two classes back-to-back from 8 to 11, someplace in Karlin. + 65

No comments: