Thursday, July 10, 2008

Friendship


Friendship makes prosperity more shining, and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it - Cicero ( 106 BC - 43 BC )

Friendship allows for sharing our triumphs together as well as having the ability to talk about losses and making them more understandable within our own minds or at the very least, allows for providing a bit of comfort as one talks....

Not sure why I was thinking of this today.... but I have been "talking" ( read: writing ) to many friends lately and it is always good to hear from them and to share with them.

Speaking of sharing... I went to the Main police headquarters yesterday to share my passport with them in order to get my official Czech government criminal background check done. Yes, I passed. The document itself is interesting, with no less then three colorful ink stamps... plus in the upper left corner resides a postage stamp type stamp totaling 50 kr which was also canceled, not unlike on a letter. It is a very official looking document.

Also had my tefl certificate copied and notarized which is needed for the work permit, plus I had a Czech affidavit notarized, declaring myself free of any criminal history in any part of the world. Again needed for the visa, the application for which, I am currently working on.

Today: apartment hunting in earnest. + 55

No comments: