Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July


Ahoj v Praze. Stást'ny červenec čtvrtý. ( Happy July 4th ) Wow, seems to have been a long week with all that has happened since last Saturday. Though hard to believe it is once again Friday.

Last night was Pub night at the Konvikt Pub close to the Oxford school. I met a friend at her place in náměstí Míru to see her apartment as she is moving and I wanted to see how it might fit if her landlord does the visa paperwork. I am going to be very spoiled with my current apartment when I compare it to other places. ach jo. Then we walked to the Pub to meet up with 5 other friends from the class. It was a good time.

Tonight there is a July 4th party at a pub in old town, that expats is putting together. A chance to meet new people, so I will go there this evening.

It is raining cats and dogs here this morning. A comforting sound. But, in a little over an hour, I will walk the 2 miles to the Metro and begin my day. I hope the rain stops before then. ;-)

In keeping with July 4th, the picture this morning is of the US Embassy, over near Prague castle, as you can see by the flag flying. ;-) + 49

1 comment:

Ellen Jensen said...

"4th of July" Have been busy week. WOW you are a teacher, I knew you could do it. I will talk with you tommorrow.
Ellen