Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Reflections


As of today, TWO MONTHs living v Praze. Some Reflections to date:

Patience – a concept I continue to struggle with; whether it is jumping in with both feet too quickly or wishing for something to happen, when life or people or the universe are not ready yet; I am trying to appreciate the need for patience. Though I have been fortunate; there is yet one thing missing; it will come, the planets just need to align.

Teachers – I have gained a new level of respect for good teachers; The Oxford tefl course work taught me how much energy, imagination, thought, creativity, positive thinking and time goes into planning and teaching just one class. I continue to work to enhance each of these.

Prague’s Sidewalk café’s – not just for couples. But, that would be nice.

The Heart - Judith Campbell wrote “When the Heart speaks, take good notes”. When mine speaks, it talks too much; I listen; I take Too many notes; > I am buying ear plugs.

The coffee here – really good! But sooooo expensive.

The Czech Republic Still an amazing place to me. It is still uncanny how I still feel so very comfortable here. I like so much about life here. I love the melody of the language: I could listen to someone speaking it for hours, even if I didn’t understand a word. Actually I have done that on some tours here; taken the Czech tour and not the English one. ......And now at Day 61, I can say I am a wage earner, a resident, a tax payer, a teacher, and a soon to be apartment lease holder. + 61 - Two Months today. onward & upward


No comments: