Thursday, July 31, 2008

3 hour classes

A 3 hour class is very very very long.... and takes quite a while to prepare for... your afternoon disappears in an instant.... as does your evening.

The class went very well last night. Turns out I was also being critiqued by the students, and by one of the principle moderators at the school as well. At the half way point of the evening we had a short break and she notified me that she would be attending the class to assess my teaching and how the class was going. It turns out, that during the short break, several students also spoke with her, and they wanted to "keep" me. After the class, I was told, that I did a fine job. A really great feeling, as you can imagine. I set a precedent of sorts yesterday, so much to do today to maintain it.

Plus in a related matter, the director, came to me yesterday and said we have to talk. Yikes. Not sure what that meant. He wanted to say that although "we don't really condone freelancing per se", here is the name of someone who wishes lessons 3 times a week, but does not wish to come to the school. The person is yours to contact and set up your own private lessons at whatever you wish to charge. .....also a really good feeling to hear that from him.

Another 3 hour this evening and much work ahead as this day begins. + 76

No comments: