Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It's Official, I will live in Prague until 1 Aug 2009, at a minimum


Well, today was strikingly amazing and what I least expected to happen today, but perhaps I had cast my hook into the right waters, as Ovid suggested.

I am employed. I will be signing the full year contract by the end of the week. The position is full time, 40 hours a week( 26 hrs of teaching), and will run until next August. It includes health benefits and I will have 4 weeks paid vacation. My work permit has been initiated and tomorrow I will have the application and other documents that I have completed already, reviewed as it relates to my visa. Within 30 days ( + or - ) I will be traveling to a Czech embassy somewhere in Europe (Germany, Austria or Slovakia ) to submit the application with a solid appointment time to meet with that embassy related to submitting that application. So once again, Full time work and effort, 8 + hour working days, beginning next Monday. The real work load will begin on 1 September when formal classes start and the teaching year begins.

Wow, not sure what to say. I am so happy to know that I will be here for the next year,legally living here and that I will get to experience all 4 seasons; IN PRAGUE ! I am looking forward to enjoying all that Prague and this country have to offer, meeting new people and really (really!) starting this New phase of my life. I know I have many opportunities ( not challenges; hate that word ) ahead of me, I know it will not all be easy teaching 26 hours of classes a week, but my goal is to be the best I can be. ....and who knows what else the year ahead will bring. I want it all. Everything.

I am looking forward to life ahead ... and I am grateful this door has opened up for me. I can hardly believe it. I feel honored. It is a true gift. Today's date: 08 07 08. day 53 in Prague.

No comments: