Friday, July 11, 2008

Last evening; červená, červená vin…


I spent yesterday’s evening in a sidewalk café somewhere in old town Prague I didn’t know where I was, but it didn’t matter. I happened upon it somehow, around this corner and past that alleyway. I thought I would take pause to enjoy a glass of red Moravian wine… then that led to a light dinner of a salad of various mushrooms and hard dark bread… then another glass of Moravian red wine…..then time, as I was sitting there, although seemingly quite still, went well past a 3rd hour….

The café rested against a street of large cobblestones; with old paired streetlamps hanging silently in space, as they disappeared in perspective down the narrow street… then they flickered on…as the sun was setting… this was amazingly Prague.

Although alone with my wine, I was not alone in my thoughts of moments past here in this country. Today is day 56 here.

No comments: