Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wednesday


Some updates.

My work permit application was hand delivered to the government office here in Prague by staff of the school on Monday, along with my diploma, which arrived late last week, and having been translated into Czech. This means that in 20 working days I should be on my way to a Czech Embassy somewhere in Europe ( I am hoping Dresden) to personally meet with a representative and apply for my long term Czech visa.

Yesterday I was asked to teach what is labeled a Special Intensive English Course this week, for a total of 6.5 hours, for a class of 8 students, starting tonight and again Thursday from 5 to 8:15. Perhaps a little intimidating as it rolls 4 weeks into One, and I have to prepare a 3 hour class for tonight and then for tomorrow. 3 hours! But, the experience will be really good and of course, the extra income will come in handy.

This morning, I look at two apartments, one in Old Town and one in Vinohrady. Both, however are located on a 6th and 7th floor respectively, in brick buildings without lifts. Ach jo. Well, I need to look at them, since I need a place, soon! related to my visa application. But, I can not imagine going up 7 flights at the end of the day! No matter how good the apartment is.

And had my first Mojito (cubana) last night; a blend of rum, lime and mint. Similar to a wine cooler in the states.

There’s the update. Day 75 here in Prague. Still lov’in it here.

No comments: